Plantronics Introduces New Affordable Unified Communications Headsets That Don’t Skimp on Sound or Style
March 6, 2012 – Santa Cruz, Calif. – As companies roll out unified communications (UC) solutions, they struggle to keep the cost per user low while trying to achieve widespread adoption. Great sounding, comfortable and easy to use headsets are a must-have in a UC deployment or end users will reject the new communication platform. To bridge the gap between the needs of end users and the cost restraints of IT departments, Plantronics (NYSE: PLT) today introduced the new Blackwire® 300 corded USB headsets for UC.
For IT departments rolling out UC, a headset is a low priority, but a critical component of the deployment. The Blackwire 300 Series satisfies their need for a low cost, entry-level UC headset that offers a superior user experience.
“The new Blackwire 300 headsets have amazing sound quality that is achieved by the latest technology including dynamic equalization, advanced digital signal processing and noise cancellation,” said Matt Miller, senior category director of Product Management at Plantronics. “Simply put, these sophisticated headsets provide a level of quality that cannot be matched by similarly priced products."
With its simple and durable design, the Blackwire 300 Series is ideal for those new to PC telephony or unified communications.
The Blackwire 300 Series comes in four models and will be available in Spring 2012.
Blackwire 310 (monaural), MSRP: $44.95
- C310: UC Standard version that supports softphones via Plantronics Spokes® software
- C310-M: Version optimized for use with Microsoft Lync
Blackwire 320 (stereo), MSRP: $49.95
- C320: UC Standard version that supports softphones per Plantronics Spokes software
- C320-M: Version optimized for use with Microsoft Lync
The Blackwire 300 Series headsets feature:
- Inline indicator lights and audio alerts for call, mute, and volume status
- Durable metal headband provides comfortable and secure fit
- Noise canceling microphone and enhanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for more natural voice sound
- Unique dynamic EQ feature optimizes sound quality for calls (wideband voice) or multi-media playback with hi-fi stereo sound
- 2 year limited warranty
For more information on Plantronics’ UC solutions, please visit www.plantronics.com/us/solutions/unified-communications/
To download Plantronics’ Spokes Software, please visit www.plantronics.com/software
Plantronics, Blackwire, Simply Smarter Communications and Spokes are trademarks or registered trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. The Bluetooth trademark is owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of the mark by Plantronics, Inc. is under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.