Plantronics Introduces Crossover USB Headset Designed for Multimedia, PC and Mobile CallsThe Blackwire 700 Series Delivers Corded Reliability and Wireless Flexibility
Santa Cruz, Calif. – October 22, 2012 – Are you tired of missing mobile calls when you’re working on your computer? If you’re listening to music or on a softphone call, mobile calls can easily be missed. With the new Blackwire® 700 series from Plantronics (NYSE: PLT), you can easily be connected to both your PC and mobile phone with all-day comfort and excellent audio. The Blackwire 700 series is the first corded headset to feature Plantronics’ Smart Sensor® technology, which tells the headset when it is being worn so it can pause music and route calls intuitively.
Ideal for people who use a PC and a mobile phone or tablet, this versatile headset goes beyond providing outstanding PC audio quality by also connecting to a Bluetooth® enabled phone or tablet. A detachable cable and integrated clothing clip allow you to take your mobile call to-go with up to 10 hours of talk time.
“There are some big trends happening at work – people are working in open offices and people are bringing their own devices to work. This presents challenges such as privacy and multi-device connectivity. The Blackwire 700 is the industry’s first corded USB headset, designed for softphone calls and listening to music, that also allows people to take a mobile phone call on-the-go when privacy is desired,” said Amy Huson, senior director of enterprise marketing at Plantronics.
Sensors in the headset detect when the headset is being worn or not and enable features such as being able to answer a call by simply putting on the headset, or pause media such as iTunes or Pandora on your mobile device by taking it off. The headset also automatically routes the audio from the mobile phone to the headset whenever it’s put on—and vice versa.
In addition to Smart Sensor technology, the Blackwire 700 series features:
- Intuitive inline controls to answer/end calls, control volume, and mute
- Detachable cable with integrated clothing clip to take your mobile calls throughout the office
- Inline indicator lights and voice prompts give connection, mute and volume status and lights on the ear pad let colleagues know when you’re on a call
- PC wideband audio with noise-canceling microphones and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for high-quality PC telephony
- Integrated A2DP lets you listen to streaming media from your mobile phone or tablet Includes a high-quality, durable carrying case for easy storage and portability
The Blackwire 700 can be enhanced by downloading Plantronics Spokes® software. The added benefits include:
- Call control across multiple softphones
- Ability to customize sensor features
- Battery status meter appears as an icon in the PC System Tray
- Access to firmware updates as they become available
- Blackwire 710 (C710, C710-M) single-ear headset; perfect for people who want one ear uncovered so they can hear what’s happening around them ($129.95 MSRP)
- Blackwire 720 (C720, C720-M) dual-ear hi-fi stereo headset; perfect for people who want an immersive audio experience to listen to music or multi-media ($149.95 MSRP)
Pricing and Availability
The Blackwire 700 series is available now and consists of two models available in either a standard version or a version optimized for use with Microsoft Lync (-M):
These Blackwire 700 series are available through authorized Plantronics distributors and resellers. For more information visit www.plantronics.com/product/blackwire-700
Coming Soon from Plantronics: The Blacktop™ 500 Bluetooth Headset
The Blacktop 500, the in-car version of the Blackwire 710, is designed for the long haul – ideal for truckers and commercial drivers. To make an office headset work great in a semi-truck, Plantronics engineers improved inbound audio with a powerful speaker and added a noise-canceling microphone with wind screen. An in-car charger delivers unlimited talk time while driving and the USB connection can also be used for Internet chat or movies while taking a break from behind the wheel. Blacktop 500 will be available in November to US customers. To find out more information, including where to buy Blacktop 500, visit www.plantronics.com/us/product/blacktop-500
Plantronics, Blacktop, Blackwire, Simply Smarter Communications, Smart Sensor and Spokes are trademarks or registered trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. The Bluetooth trademark is owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of the mark by Plantronics, Inc. is under license. All other trademarks are property of the respective owners.
Plantronics Blackwire C710
Corded/Wireless, Monarual, Over the Head, UC Office Headset.
Plantronics Blackwire C710-M
Corded/Wireless, Monarual, Over the Head, SfB/Lync Optimized Headset.
Plantronics Blackwire C720
Corded/Wireless, Binaural, Over the Head, UC Office Headset with Stereo Telephony (ST).
Plantronics Blackwire C720-M
Corded/Wireless, Binaural, Over the Head, SfB/Lync Optimized Headset with Stereo Telephony (ST)